The Amazon Prime Video team is looking for a smart, motivated, and results-oriented software development engineer to join the team. We are a high-energy and innovative group changing the way customers watch TV and movies.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering world-class digital media experiences to our customers. Successful candidates for this position will be self-starters with strong problem solving skills who love getting things done. Strong communication skills and a desire to tackle complex problems that emerge from driving a large business at Amazon are also a must.
As earth’s most customer-centric company, Amazon strives to earn and grow customer trust in every dimension including ensuring that its product selection is in 100% compliance with legal, safety and other
regulations worldwide. Technical systems to address this problem at the Amazon scale face unprecedented challenges. For instance, how do you teach a machine to develop the smarts to be able to tell between a toy gun and a real weapon in close to real-time? Problems of such extraordinary scale and precision require out of the box thinking and application of the state of the art tools and technologies to automate all aspects and help Amazon forge ahead and maintain a competitive business advantage.
Our team is a growing band of innovators, disruptors, and problem solvers and we’re looking for a talented and passionate UX Designer to help design the tools and services used to solve these challenging problems. If you want to envision tools and services atop the worlds biggest product catalog and build tools that directly impact millions of Amazon shoppers, join our team.
As a member of the design team you will contribute to the product roadmap, drive future concepts, and deliver improvements to current tools and applications. You will be the primary design lead on our enterprise grade product design system which will serve as the backbone of all our tooling and application needs.
The ideal candidate has experience in enterprise products or software as a service, with strong blue sky/ideation skills, robust holistic systems thinking, deep attention to detail, and passion for making difficult tasks into simple and delightful experiences for end-users. Collaboration and product ownership is essential, requiring you to be a great communicator, and successfully present and align with the product and engineering team for feedback and input. Additionally, you must be comfortable with ambiguity and deliver designs that elevate the user experience.
· At least 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role.
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
· At least four years of experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wireframes for complex web applications.
· Familiarity with user interface patterns for web applications.
· At least two years of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers for implementation of designs.
· Experience with ux design for complex workflows and/or for technical end users
· Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
· A bachelor’s degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related UX degree is ideal.
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) is a big plus.