Boeing Job Openings As Software Development Application Engineer At Bangalore In February 2019:
Job Position:Software Development Application Engineer
Experience: 0 – 5 Years
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Best In Industry
- The selected individual will be a part of the engineering and technology team in Boeing India. This position involves working closely with other development teams in Sweden, Singapore, Canada and US.
- The selected individual will be part of a skilled team in the Crew Management Solutions implementation department, responsible for the development and delivery of our Crew management products to airline customers.
- This position develops and maintains technical relationships / partnerships with global team members to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
- This position provides periodic updates to Boeing management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents.
- This position will support initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee
- development, mentoring, customer engagement etc.
- This position will require some international travel.
- Demonstrated ability to create positive impact on customer by developing polished, cohesive, effective, and user friendly applications for large and complex aviation related software systems. Past experience in consulting would be a plus.
- Must have excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in Java (or any other OOPS programming language), Python, and shell scripting.
- Must have demonstrable passion in programming, open source contribution or interesting hobby projects.
- Experience in Linux environment is required.
- Knowledge of development using the Eclipse RCP framework is preferred.Experience in using versioning systems (Mercurial) and continuous delivery process (Jenkins, Maven, RPM) is highly preferred.
- Airline experience, preferably in Crew Management is preferred.Experience using test tools such as Gherkin and Behave would be a plus.
- Must have ability to take an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Must have hands-on experience using application Agile development processes and tools.
- Ability to take rresponsibility with a “can do” attitude.
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time-zones.
- Communication – strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to prepare comprehensive reports, proposals, Statements of Work, and connect technology to business considerations (e.g., ROI). Candidate must be fluent in English, and familiar with MS Office tools.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.