Job Title: Software Engineer 1
About Business Unit:
Dell’s Bangalore Design Center is the home of the award-winning Dell storage products, which simplify the way businesses of all sizes store and protect information. Our customers represent a Who’s Who of global corporations across multiple industries. They choose to work with us not only for our leading-edge technology that simplifies IT, but also because of the enormous intellectual capital that is here – our exceptional employees.
- Provides full design, planning, configuration, documentation, deployment and top-level support ownership of storage infrastructure technologies
- . Identifies design requirements and makes recommendations for capacity planning, performance optimization and future direction.
- Identifies and eliminates performance bottlenecks and makes performance-related recommendations (hardware, software, and configuration).
- Leads or participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products.
- Manages or utilizes software that is built and implemented as a product, using best-in-class development process/lifecycle management (ex: Agile, Waterfall). Gathers business requirements and participates in product definition and feature prioritization, including customer usability studies.
- development and user experience plans
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 0-1 years of relevant experience required
- Designs storage solutions per business requirements. This includes performing storage workload modeling for sizing, optimization and troubleshooting.
- Researches and compares system/OS features and works with vendors on system sizing for specific applications.
- Understands storage virtualization, data rationalization, workload automation, storage provisioning, and Disaster Recovery and SAN Fabric management.
- Troubleshoots storage-related reliability, availability, and performance issues. Collaborates on and implements architecture recommendations to application integration, system administration, problem management, preventive maintenance, performance tuning.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R55637