Key Job Details
- Category:Software Development & Support
- Required Education:Bachelor’s Degree
- Position Type:Early Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
IBM India since 1992 provides solutions and services spanning all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
We are a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. Being the largest technology employer in the world we employ 380,000 IBMer’s serving clients in 170 countries. In 2018, we generated almost $80 billion in revenue investing more than $6 billion a year in R&D and completed our 24th year of patent leadership living at the intersection of business and technology. Today, we are a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company, transforming industries.
IBM Chief Information Office is the IT organization for IBM. This means when you work for IBM CIO, you are working for one of the largest clients in the world. IBM CIO is the primary software development and delivery organization for all IBM’s internal applications globally. We work with a huge range of technologies, both mainstream and cutting edge. In addition, CIO supports IBM’s IT needs such as laptop, mobile devices, network, emails, workplace requirements and hosting environments.
IBM CIO India is primarily involved in developing and transforming various business critical applications using the latest Agile/DevOps practices and leveraging the latest tools and technologies, including Analytics, Cognitive, Java, Data Warehousing, and more. Based on the business lines and business processes supported, CIO is organized under various domains.
- Sales and Marketing
- Quote to Cash
- Systems & Tools
- Cloud, Collaboration & Identity
- Finance & Supply Chain
- We mainly focus around the following
· Optimizing & Developing the application portfolio to support business priorities.
· Infusing Ux into IT@IBM
· Leveraging AI/Cognitive and Blockchain
· Securing the IBM global enterprise
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- You will be part of Squad which will be co-located in Manyata, Bangalore
- You be involved in analysis/programming/testing of code in live projects in various CIO domains
- You will collaborate with other team members in the squad and across the tribe
- You will align to social contract agreed upon within the team for all meetings and deliverables
- You will acquire the necessary Agile skills required within the project
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong Programming Skills
- Ability for Problem solving
- Strong Communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work on deadlines
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Excellent analytical ability
- Ability to cope with pressure under tough circumstances
- Have a mature personality
- Possess strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to gain people’s confidence and put them at ease