IBM Job Openings As Supply Chain Practitioner – Supply Chain Operations At Bangalore On August 2019.
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are
- As a customer support specialist you will be providing telephonic and email support for all supply chain management & inventory planning related queries. The support professional will be assisting the Australian geography. Liaising with various support group to resolve end user queries/issues would be required.
- You would be working under the guidance of IBM’s worldwide procurement teams, interfacing with suppliers, internal clients and contractors on issues that affect critical clients operations and strategic supply issues. The professional will also be responsible for implementing supply chain initiatives that provide end-to-end integrated opportunities for efficiency.
What you’ll do
• An integral part of the supply chain remote support center operations team.
• Inventory/material/spare parts management of consignment items used in a telecom industry.
• Follow with suppliers/contractors/technicians for timely delivery of the material – this activity involves dealing with above mentioned based in various regions of Australia, hence, a very strong hold on communication is preferred.
• Organize comparative analysis to avoid various factors that may key in leading to the delay of the delivery of a material or a spare part causing a shutdown of an operation a region for the client.
• Certifying the consignment stocks and reconciling the same with DC/LC/LS
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience in Supply Chain Management and Inventory Planning
- Experience in using MS Office
- Critical thinking to devise plans of action and asses them regularly
- Feedback and Coaching
- Task Management
- Hands on experience in SAP applications.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
• Proven communication skills both written and verbal
• Problem Solving
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education:Bachelor’s Degree