Software Engineer – Mobile
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
Our India engineering team is looking for extraordinary talent to fuel our mission of revolutionizing the way professionals connect, communicate, and share on all digital interfaces. The team is small enough that you can make an immediate impact on millions of mobile professionals, but also big enough for you to find your niche and focus on a particular area or technology to transform and further your career aspirations. The ideal candidate will be passionate about providing the best experience possible to our users – from UI/UX design to speed and performance. You will think critically to develop the native LinkedIn apps for Android, iPhone and HTML5 mobile web apps for mobile browsers.
• Architect, design and execute user-facing features for the native LinkedIn native apps on one or more devices (Android, iPhone) by leveraging mobile operating system frameworks for multi-threading, persisting data, and managing user experience and graphics across multiple screen sizes.
• Scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
• Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
• Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wise critical programs.
• Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or related practical experience.
• 2+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
• Experience in designing and building infrastructure and web services at large scale.
• Extensive programming experience in Java, Objective-C and/or C++.
• Expansive technical knowledge and experience with mobile application development (Android, iOS, or other).
• Experience building high performance mobile applications, Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), optimized for low bandwidth networks.
• Deep foundation in computer science with a strong understanding in data structures, and algorithms.
• Experience developing multi-tier scalable and user-centric reliable applications that operate 24×7.
• Knowledge of UI and animation frameworks, touch user interface, and MVP application design.
• Experience with relational databases (transactional and non-transactional), database architecture, and distributed transaction management.
• Experience building services for information delivery from server to mobile clients working with relevant tools (IDEs, ant, junit, etc.).
• Strong object-oriented skills including design, coding, and testing patterns.