Oracle India Fresher Jobs Openings For BE/BTech Freshers As Software Developer In Bangalore & Hyderabad On January 2020.
Company Name: Oracle India
Experience: Freshers/Experienced (0 to 2 years)
Job Position: Software Developer
Qualification: BE, BTech, BS
- BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- 0-2 years of previous software engineering or related experience.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
- As a member of the software engineering division, you will use basic knowledge of software architecture to perform tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications.
- Build enhancements within an existing software architecture.
- Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes.
- Gaining competence in own area and acquiring a higher level understanding of role, processes and procedures.
The entry level candidate will:
- Learn multiple, cutting edge technologies in the cloud industry.
- Solve simple technical problems and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Understand CI/CD best practices.
- Be a self-motivated, fast learner.
- Understand automation concepts for standard/recurring tasks.
- Assimilate and apply new technologies.
- Work with remote, global teams as well as individually with oversight from senior DevOps engineers.
- Produce documentation for application engineers in support of developed work.
- Basic networking knowledge.
- Experience with SCM tools and software engineering best practices.
- Agile methodology knowledge.
- Experience with development / test in an open source environment including operation of SSH and shell functions.
An ideal candidate will have entry level knowledge of the following:
- Linux/Unix development (Oracle Linux preferred).
- Oracle database, MySQL (experience with MS SQL and/or NoSQL is a plus).
- CI/CD (Jenkins and GitLab CI).
- Containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, and docker-compose).
- Cloud computing platform (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Services).
- Git version-control and collaboration (GitLab).
- Issue tracking and collaboration (Jira and Confluence).
- Product/Service ownership or Project Management experience a plus.
- Experienced with ITIL V3, Foundation Level certified preferred.
- Programming and scripting languages (Python, bash, Java Script – additional experience with Groovy, Java, Ansible, and/or Go is a plus).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The candidate will work with highly skilled, highly motivated engineers using Agile methodologies based on Scrum or Kanban, and incorporating enterprise agile practices from Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- The team embraces a DevOps environment – the Developers are the Operators.
- The work environment is to treat everything as code (code, configuration, infrastructure, pipelines, everything) to achieve the highest quality product in the most efficient amount of time.
- You will work alongside a software development team within the greater Oracle Cloud Reliability Engineering team where you will develop new features as well as expand and support existing features.
- One week you may be writing automated tests for an existing feature.
- The next week you may be developing a new feature (design, code, test, and deploy) for a customer in our environment.
- The next week you may be providing support to a customer on your new feature.
- You will learn new technologies based on what we already deploy and use.
- You will also learn about and research new technologies that you bring to the team to better our offerings.
- You will play a key role in building more intelligence, into CRS services that we deliver, so that SaaS services function more and more autonomously over time.
Per Team Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Product Owner and team members to build new features and enhancements, while supporting existing capabilities being heavily utilized across all Oracle Global Business Units.
- Planning, designing, coding, documenting and testing of new Oracle Cloud Reliability services used by multiple Oracle Software as a Service products.
- Develop software using Agile methodologies and participate as a member of scrum development teams.
- Use Everything-As-Code methodologies to ensure traceability, configurability, immutability, repeatability, and governability.
- Participate in a follow-the-sun model for 24×7 support of CRS services for designated engineers on a rotating basis.
- Manage and continuously improve existing CRS capabilities.
- Review and approve the work products of other team members.
- Supporting the operation of services using DevOps methodologies for the rapid introduction to production of new services and operational enhancements.
- Attend training as required to meet Oracle and CRS compliance and regulatory standards. Perform daily tasks in accordance with compliance and regulatory standards.
- Other duties as assigned.