S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Software Developer II
The Location: Hyderabad
MI Product Development team is responsible for the design, architecture, and development of our client facing web applications using a variety of tools that are regularly updated as new technologies emerge. You will have the opportunity every day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and will be able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe.
The work you do will be used every single day, it’s the essential code you’ll write that provides the insights to the data and analytics we provide via the flagship web products.
What’s in it for you:
• Build a career with a global company
• Work on code that fuels the global financial markets
• Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies
• Solve problems, analyze and isolate issues
• Technical implementation of the various requirements in a fast paced Agile world where the challenges are demanding and the opportunities are plenty
• Champion best practices and serve as a subject matter authority
• Develop solutions to develop/support key business needs
• Engineer components and common services based on standard development models, languages and tools
• Produce high quality code and adhere to high standards
• Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical partners
• As a team-member should continuously improve the architecture
What We’re Looking For:
• Bachelors /Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in application development using Web development
• Good understanding of CSS and LESS
• Knowledge of object-oriented design, .NET framework and design patterns.
• Knowledge of essential technologies: C#, ADO.NET, WCF services, and SQL Server.
• Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test- driven development.
• Good communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to learn, adapt, deliver and take the lead
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.