Verizon Job Openings For Any Degree Graduates As Network Engineer In Chennai
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
- Providing first-level support for ENOC environment.
- Supporting network incident identification, documentation, escalation and resolution.
- Providing KT and technical support direction to technicians in a Network Operation’s environment to ensure smooth hand-off is consistently provided.
- The scope of support covers Call Managers, Unity, Unity Connection, IM&P, Expressway clusters, Emergency Responder. Troubleshoot and configure CUBE, SIP and MGCP protocols, VOIP dial-peers, route patterns, inter-cluster trunks, SRST and QoS traffic shaping.
- Performing change requests in accordance with change management process.
- Managing technical escalations with Cisco or other 3rd party vendor’s issues to full resolution and document, share and communicate to Tier 2/3 team members.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting of Voice Gateways, and call signaling protocols on Voice Gateways H.323, SIP & MGCP including POTS and VOIP Dial Peers.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience on RTMT tool, DNA, CDR CUBE and Voice Gateways.
- Troubleshooting of voice interfaces: FXS, FXO, and ISDN, T1/E1 PRI.
- Identifying the reason for the outage and coordinating with ITSP/Carrier/Client/Vendor for an immediate restoration.
- Managing and troubleshooting call routing issues (e.g., Numbering Plans, Calling Privileges).
- Coordinating with Cisco TAC to resolve complex issues with respect to Unified Communication and Collaboration.
- Moving, Adding, Configuring and Deleting Cisco IP phones, softphones and Jabber
Configurations, Managing, and Troubleshooting of special features (e.g., hunt groups, Extension mobility, call pickup groups).
- Knowledge of and experience with resolution centric diagnostic approach, ability to quickly identify & isolate the root cause of the issues in minimal time.
- Ability to multitask in a high visibility environment.
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Understanding of ITIL model and experience working in an ITIL environment.
- Troubleshooting skills utilizing Wireshark packet capture/analysis is an added advantage.
- Good technical writing skills for known issue documentation.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Please note, in countries where there is a COVID-19 related government order or rule, Verizon is required to ensure that all employees accessing our workplace comply with these mandatory requirements. If you work in one of these locations, you will be required to provide us with your vaccination status prior to joining. If this, or any other COVID related requirement applies in your location, we will notify you about this before you start work.