Zomato Freshers Job Openings As Sales Manager At Bangalore On November 2018
Sales Manager – Bangalore
Who are we?
Zomato is an online platform that is responsible for powering amazing dining experiences for our users daily both in home and whilst dining out. We started with a vision to ensure that no one ever has a bad meal! Over 10 years Zomato has steadily built both a search and discovery platform that fuels stable and growing transaction businesses. Today Zomato has multiple products and services that ensure our users have a great experience whilst improving the food industry.
The last 5 years is where most of Zomato’s growth has happened, our mission has also evolved to something exponentially greater than being a restaurant reviews and food delivery platform. We are already taking baby steps towards being the biggest farm to table food company in the world.
Every month, Zomato connects more than 52m users with 1.3m restaurants globally. Zomato continuously aims to serve a bigger purpose of providing better food for more people! In order to do this, we need to ensure that users have access to a wide assortment at quality restaurants that are available and accessible.
Zomans live by this, it’s our bible and we aim to change industry standards based on these four factors – Availability, Assortment, Accessibility and Quality. Users need food, they need variety, they need access to it and most importantly they need it to be high quality!
We are constantly developing a combination of a healthy user ecosystem, great content and an innovative product that makes us a game changer in our field – we are transforming our markets into kitchen-less spaces that give our users a choice of cooking because they want to, not because they have to! As an employee of Zomato, you will be helping us build this vision.
Please see our blog for more: https://www.zomato.com/blog/10-years
- Zomato annual revenues increased by 45% in FY’18
- Zomato Gold launched in November 2017 and already has 3000+ restaurant partners that serve our ever-increasing subscriber base of more than 400,000 people
- We strive to constantly enhance our technology at a phenomenal pace
- Zomato food ordering business has been growing at a considerable rate since inception and currently grows by 2x every 3 months!
- To make sure we match the increasing number of orders with smooth delivery and customer satisfaction, we are supporting this function with a fleet of 50,000+ riders
Please see our blog for more: https://www.zomato.com/blog/annual-report-fy18
How does this team contribute to Zomato
The value derived by our users from Zomato’s platform depends on the breadth and depth (available choice) of restaurants they find on Zomato. Our Sales Managers play a key role in delivering this value by acquiring and growing relationships with merchants across our Advertising, Online Ordering and Gold Platform.
Our Zomato sales team works simultaneously on multiple fronts – user onboarding, retention along with restaurateur experience and real time payment settlements.
Zomato will be providing you with
As a Zoman, you will be immersed in a culture of people who take pride in their company and their ability to change the lives of millions of people daily. We place Zomato first in our daily tasks with a high level of honesty, ownership and judgment on a foundation of constant and real time feedback.
You will be challenged daily to be a better thinker and problem solve using a first principles approach.
We promise you, in addition to the quest for 0 bad meals, you will also have an infinite amount of interesting days as a Zoman – if you have passion and see yourself in our vision, go ahead and send in your application!
Here’s what we’re looking for (Technical Skills)
- 0-5 years of prior sales experience
- Understands how the sales ecosystem functions
- Should be presentable, articulate, data-oriented and is able to multi-task
- Relevant experience in B2B sales would be a plus
- Is strong at account management and relationship building
Here’s what we’re looking for (Soft Skills)
- Is strong-willed and persuasive
- Has strong communication skills – needs to be clear and concise
- Exhibits initiative and demonstrates the ability to function independently
Your typical day as a Zoman will look like
- Ensure that Zomato has the most comprehensive selection of restaurants by signing up the target merchants quickly and effectively
- This is a field intensive role where you onboard merchants on Zomato’s platform and help them engage with their audience
- Build an in-depth understanding of the restaurants in your city across categories and sign up the right set of restaurants to partner with
- Efficiently solve problems and make smart decisions to ensure supply is our competitive advantage
- Manage and grow long term relationships with the merchants: identify opportunities and take initiatives to grow the business of your accounts
- Analyze data and ensure month on month growth of your merchant business by making decisions on aspects like pricing and coverage
- Own all aspects of merchant satisfaction and help solve issues, troubleshoot as required
- Manage end-to-end client relationship including pitching, negotiation, contracting, billing/ invoicing, payment collection, result tracking and troubleshooting